The next Committee Meeting will be held on:
Tuesday, 20th November 2018 – 5.30pm
Mustard Tree Centre, Derriford Hospital
* Yelverton and Tavistock PCCF Fundraising Group raised £1750 at a Fashion Show in Tavistock. Thank you so much to Beau & Whispers for supporting this event. Well Done to everybody
*Marystow Church raised £670 at their Antiques Road Show in October – Thank ups all for your support
* An afternoon of Good Old Days entertainment raised £177 on Saturday 11th March, and this was matched by Santander to make a total of £350 – Well one everybody, and thank you!
* Thank you to the Burrator Inn for your wonderful fundraising for PCCF. An amazing achievement
* The Sparkwell Horse and Dog Show raised £4000! Thank you so much for all your support
* £492 was raised by volunteers packing bags at Asda in Plymouth – Well done and thank you!
*You can now use Just Giving to get on line support for your Fundraising events for Plymouth and Cornwall Cancer Fund. Go to www.just giving.com
* So far this year we have helped over 45 people with hardship grants, with over £4,000 being given out. In our last financial year we funded over £12,000 hardship grants.
Currently, PCCF are supporting:
- A Doctor to undertake an MSc in Oncology Course
- Palliative Care & Oncology Chaplain at Derriford Hospital
- Six iPads for Cancer Nurse Specialists
- A Remote Monitoring System for Colorectal Cancer Patients in Follow Up
- Two nursing posts to facilitate specialist nurse training
- Upgrading Imaging IT system to support diagnosis, research & education of GI Cancers
- Breast Boards for Radiotherapy
- The purchase of a Biological Safety Cabinet to provide more rapid accurate diagnosis and treatment decision making process that will benefit lung cancer patients, while protecting the staff from illness.
- contributing to support the introduction of Molecular Gene Sequencing in Pathology in Derriford Hospital
* Thank you to all the organisers, volunteers and supporters of Fundraising Events!
You can see what’s happening on our Facebook Page – just click the link at the top of the page!!